Tuesday 22 April 2014

My Transitioning guide



  • Hey Lovelies, here is first of many post from this blog, I will start by saying that transition from Relaxed to Natural has been quite fun and at the same time challenging, i had to choose a wash-day  that is perfect for me, my hair care Regimen, Night time routine and my combing method. I've been at it for 2 months now, i know to some folks i am still an infant Naturalista but i hope to pull my readers along with me through my journey, and hopefully i will never have to go back to the most tempting creamy crack (relaxer)


    To prepare my hair for the transitioning, i had to do the protein treatment because you  need a good protein-moisture base for your relaxed ends to flourish and survive without breaking from where the new growth and the relaxed hair meet and  i also bought Vitale Hair mayonnaise for the protein treatment although i had already done my homemade protein treatment which i will be posting the How-to in my following post, it works good for both relaxed and naturals...  

   My wash day is Saturday, so each Saturday, i go through my wash-day rituals, from co washing to deep conditioner to another conditioning and finally adding my essential oils and styling my hair to an bantu knot....

   so far the journey has been pretty fun and adventurous, I will keep you girls updated, on future developments and on how my hair reacts to the products i use and the product's reviews, have a lovely day            

No comments:

Post a Comment